We’ve been selling you cookies, we even posted a pre-holiday sale. But what if you just want freshly baked cookies that you made yourself, here’s a free recipe (kids please ask your mom to help or bake this for you).
First you must have:
- oven, baking tray, parchment paper
- measuring cups, measuring spoons
- bowls, whisk, spatula, sifter
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter *softened to room temperature*
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk *mixed*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts *roughly chopped*
- 1/2 cup Coconut Shavings
- White Chocolate Drizzle *optional*
Time to bake your “Coconut Macadamia Cookies.” This recipe makes at least 12 – 15 pieces of palm sized cookies (links are provided for some terms that you might not understand).
- Get a (first) bowl then sift in the flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in another (second) bowl, then whisk in white sugar and brown sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the second bowl (butter mixture), whisk.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients (from the first bowl) into the butter mixture (second bowl) using a spatula. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Fold in macadamia nuts and coconut shavings (coconut shavings are optional if you do not like them).
- Chill the dough (mixture) for at least 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
While waiting for your dough to chill, please do not hesitate to browse through our website and share it to your friends. Also you may comment below or message us about this recipe, let us know what happened to your cookies, we promise to respond and help you out.
After 30 minutes…
- Place a parchment paper on your baking tray. Get your dough from the freezer. Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- Scoop 3 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Drop the dough ball onto the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Fill the tray with dough balls, making sure they have enough space to expand.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to set–cookie edges are slightly firm, while centers still appearing very soft but not wet.
- Remove the tray form the oven, drizzle cookies with white chocolate. Cookies firm up as they cool.
Now the best part, tasting and sharing what you have baked; or did mom just…
We’ll be posting more recipes and baking tips soon.